Sometimes I get so cold this time of year that nothing except a warm shower or bath can truly get me warm again! (-20 degrees and I simply do not get along!) So I made a batch of savory bath salts to help sooth my skin and my soul as I relax in a nice warm bath this winter! And today I am excited to share my recipe with you for Vanilla Bath Salts!
Vanilla Bath Salts
affiliate links included for your convenience
- 1 Cup Epsom Salts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- Vanilla Fragrance or Essential Oil
- Brown Powder Food Coloring (optional)
- Place salt and soda into a dish and stir well.
- Add fragrance oil until it is strong enough to suit your preference.
- Stir well.
- Add brown colored powder food coloring if desired.
Why did I choose these ingredients?
Soaking in a bath with Epsom salts can help relax your muscles, reduce swelling and draw out toxins.
Baking soda helps sooth your skin.
Vanilla is a very calming scent and is one of my favorites so that is why I included it!
And the food coloring is totally optional! You don’t use enough to worry about coloring your skin while in the bath tub, but it does give the bath salts a pretty brown hue to them.
You might also enjoy:
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.