I absolutely love brownies and Oreos, and so these Stuffed Oreo Brownies take my love affair of those two things to a whole new level. If you love brownies as much as I do, you should also check out my Hot Chocolate Brownies with Marshmallow Icing here and my Pumpkin Pie Brownie Bars here (good all year long!). But today I am sharing this delicious recipe for homemade Oreo Brownies and I hope you love them as much as I do!
Stuffed Oreo Brownies
Stuffed Oreo brownies take the deliciousness that brownies are up a notch. My love for Oreos is strong so these are the perfect two desserts to combine for a delicious tasty treat.
These are rich, fudgy, delicious and loaded with Oreos! You can't go wrong with a dessert like that!
You can make these with a brownie box mix if you prefer, but it really is worth the extra few minutes to make these completely from scratch.
Why do you need stuffed Oreo Brownies in your life?
- First of all, these are just delicious, rich, decadent and amazing.
- This recipe is from scratch, but they are still fast to make.
- Brownies + Oreos = MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
- Perfect for dessert, to bring to share or for a bake sale.
- If you share these with friends, they will love you forever.
- Also, perfect to hoard and eat all by yourself. Don't worry, I won't tell.
- Chocolate always wins.
- You can freeze them.
- You can sub a box brownie mix if you are short on time, but really this one isn't too hard to make.
- Who doesn't need stuffed Oreo brownies in their life? Seriously. We all do.
How do you make Oreo Brownies?
It's pretty easy to make Oreo brownies. You simply combine butter sugar, cocoa, salt, eggs, vanilla and flour together. Place about half of the batter in a pan, put a later of Oreos down, add remaining batter and top with more Oreos. Bake for 30-35 minutes in a lined pan, cool and enjoy!
How long do you cook brownies for?
That really depends on how thick they are. But for this recipe, usually, 30-35 minutes works perfectly!
I prefer to underbake my brownies just a bit so they are gooey. If you overbake them, they start to taste burnt way too fast.
Holiday Oreo Brownies
The best thing about a recipe like this is that it is good all year long! If you really want to mix things up, snag the orange-filled Oreos at Halloween and red ones at Christmas and it instantly becomes a holiday dessert!
And oh yes, that means you win at life because not only have you made dessert, you made a seasonally appropriate dessert! Win-win my friend!
Tips for making the best Oreo Brownies
- Make this recipe exactly as directed.
- You can use a box mix in a pinch, but this is better.
- Once you add flour, stir carefully and only until ingredients are just barely combined. You don't want to over stir this.
- I give suggestions for Oreo amounts, feel free to modify it as desired, but in my book, you can never have too many Oreos.
- Cut and freeze individual pieces for lunches or a yummy midnight snack.
- Line your pan with foil so the bronies will pop out easier.
- But don't forget to use your cooking spray too.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness, don't rely on the timer. I like my toothpick to come out mostly clean from the center of the pan, with many a tiny piece or two of crumbs.
- Eat them ALL! Don't share. Just kidding, share these, bring them everywhere, your friends will love you!
Recipe for Stuffed Oreo Brownies
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8x8 square pan by lining it with foil, leaving the edges to overhang, and spray the foil with a non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt. Microwave for 30 seconds and mix the contents, keep microwaving for 30 seconds at a time and mixing until all of the butter is melted.
- Once melted, add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. Slowly mix in the flour.
- Pour half of the batter into your prepared pan, then layer about 14 of the Oreos all across the top.
- Pour the remaining batter on top.
- Crush up the remaining Oreos and place them along the top of your brownies for a pretty appearance.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes. The brownies will be gooey, so make sure you allow them to cool completely before cutting (1-2 hours).
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.