After making a few batches of Oreo Balls and eating most of them myself (yum!), I was inspired to try a new kind of cookie balls!
Now I have never seen this idea yet. So I am going to “sort of” claim it as my own with the knowledge that there is a chance someone out there has already thought of and made these…but…I like to think this creation is mine mine all mine 🙂
Like always though, please feel free to make, eat and share this creation with anyone you would like to! But it is nice to put a link back to where you saw the idea (and if someone has seen this idea somewhere else, let me know! I’d love to link their site up as well!)
So…..are….you…READY?!?!?! I give you…
Nutter Butter Cookie Balls
Yum. If you like peanut butter and chocolate and making very simple recipes, then you will like these.
Here’s the how to:
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a food processor or a blender, crush up the cookies until finely ground
- Place the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese in a stand mixer (I am sure you can use a hand mixer or even mix it together with your hands, but it will take a bit more time and effort on your part.)
- Mix for several minutes until well-blended.
- Form mixture into small balls and place on waxed paper. Put in the fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes or so.
- Melt your chocolate (see how to melt chocolate here) and dip the cookie balls into the chocolate, tapping off the excess chocolate.
- Let sit on waxed paper or foil until set.
I tried making these with peanut butter instead of cream cheese. It works and definitely makes them more peanut-buttery-ish. However, the texture is not as smooth with the peanut butter as it is with the cream cheese. But it is also another delish variation!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.