After making a few batches of Oreo Balls and eating most of them myself (yum!), I was inspired to try a new kind of cookie balls!
Now I have never seen this idea yet. So I am going to “sort of” claim it as my own with the knowledge that there is a chance someone out there has already thought of and made these…but…I like to think this creation is mine mine all mine 🙂
Like always though, please feel free to make, eat and share this creation with anyone you would like to! But it is nice to put a link back to where you saw the idea (and if someone has seen this idea somewhere else, let me know! I’d love to link their site up as well!)
So…..are….you…READY?!?!?! I give you…
Nutter Butter Cookie Balls
Yum. If you like peanut butter and chocolate and making very simple recipes, then you will like these.
Here’s the how to:
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a food processor or a blender, crush up the cookies until finely ground
- Place the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese in a stand mixer (I am sure you can use a hand mixer or even mix it together with your hands, but it will take a bit more time and effort on your part.)
- Mix for several minutes until well-blended.
- Form mixture into small balls and place on waxed paper. Put in the fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes or so.
- Melt your chocolate (see how to melt chocolate here) and dip the cookie balls into the chocolate, tapping off the excess chocolate.
- Let sit on waxed paper or foil until set.
I tried making these with peanut butter instead of cream cheese. It works and definitely makes them more peanut-buttery-ish. However, the texture is not as smooth with the peanut butter as it is with the cream cheese. But it is also another delish variation!