Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, or for your chocolate and mint craving, I am showing you a super simple recipe for Mint Chocolate Bark!
This is so simple and only takes a few minutes of hands-on time and is a great combination of mint and chocolate! This would be super cute wrapped in a cello bag and given as a treat or neighbor gift. Especially around St. Patrick’s time!
Mint Chocolate Bark
- 1 bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips
- Mint M&M’s
- Green Powdered Food Coloring (not liquid)
- Oil-based mint flavoring (optional)
- Vegetable Oil
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave. Add no more then 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, if desired.* Microwave at 40% for 30 seconds at a time, stirring well in between, until barely melted. (go HERE to learn more about melting chocolate)
- Spread melted chocolate on parchment or foil lined cookie sheet.
- Let cool in fridge until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place 1 bag white and no more then 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil* and microwave at 40% for 30 seconds at a time. Stir well in between, until barely melted.
- Add green powdered food coloring to the white chocolate if desired.
- Add mint flavoring if desired.
- Spread on top of semi-sweet chocolate and sprinkle Mint M&M’s on top. These are large, so you may want to press these down into the chocolate a bit.
- Place in refrigerator until set.
- Once set, break apart with your hands or with a knife and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- * Vegetable oil is optional! It can help create a smoother chocolate and helps in not over-heating the chocolate. However, it will increase your chocolate’s setting time and if you add too much, the chocolate won’t set at all. The more you add the softer your chocolate will be, so use it sparingly. I never like to use more then 1 tablespoon of oil to 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Do not use liquid food coloring, the chocolate will seize. Powdered or oil-based food coloring are the only options if you want to color your chocolate. Or, use Wilton’s Candy Melts in green if you prefer. (But I love using regular chocolate chips instead, I think they taste better.)
- See HERE to learn more about How to Melt Chocolate properly
This is a round-robin giveaway so be sure you have stopped by my Facebook page and enter to win! Then follow the link below to enter to win the next giveaway!
You will begin here and then you will end the round robin giveaway at my facebook page! So be sure to visit everyone’s giveaway in order to enter to win them all, and be sure to end at my FB page to enter to win my giveaway!