Is it really any secret that I love Topiaries!? I have made a lot of topiaries over the last couple of years…and a even have a couple more up my sleeves to share with you! But today I wanted to share a bright, fun and SIMPLE Topiary that you can make with Lemon Heads!!
Being inspired by my Jelly Bean Topiaries, I went on a hunt for fun, bright candies that I could turn into another fun Topiary and when I found Lemon Heads, I knew we were meant to be!
In my typical Topiary Fashion…You Will Need:
- Styrofoam ball (I used 4″)
- Lemon Heads (I used 4-5 packs)
- Yellow craft paint, foam brush
- Hot glue and lots of glue sticks
- Wooden Dowel
- Extra Styrofoam to container
- Pail or some sort of container (I usually find my pails from the $1 section at Target)
- Shredded paper (or other filling for bottom) (I usually get mine from the $1 Store)
Here’s the How To:
- Paint foam ball with yellow craft paint (it doesn’t need to be perfect, just get some color on there)
- Using plenty of hot glue, attach lemon heads, one at a time, close together, all over the foam ball.
- Leave an open spot at the bottom big enough for your wooden dowel.
- Using lots of hot glue, insert your wooden dowel into the bottom of the Styrofoam ball.
- Firmly press extra Styrofoam into pail or container, use hot glue to secure it in place.
- Insert other end of wooded dowel into Styrofoam in container and secure with hot glue.
- Cover foam with shredded paper or other filling.
Happy Topiary Making!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.