Is it really any secret that I love Topiaries!? I have made a lot of topiaries over the last couple of years...and a even have a couple more up my sleeves to share with you! But today I wanted to share a bright, fun and SIMPLE Topiary that you can make with Lemon Heads!!
Being inspired by my Jelly Bean Topiaries, I went on a hunt for fun, bright candies that I could turn into another fun Topiary and when I found Lemon Heads, I knew we were meant to be!
In my typical Topiary Fashion...You Will Need:
- Styrofoam ball (I used 4")
- Lemon Heads (I used 4-5 packs)
- Yellow craft paint, foam brush
- Hot glue and lots of glue sticks
- Wooden Dowel
- Extra Styrofoam to container
- Pail or some sort of container (I usually find my pails from the $1 section at Target)
- Shredded paper (or other filling for bottom) (I usually get mine from the $1 Store)
Here's the How To:
- Paint foam ball with yellow craft paint (it doesn't need to be perfect, just get some color on there)
- Using plenty of hot glue, attach lemon heads, one at a time, close together, all over the foam ball.
- Leave an open spot at the bottom big enough for your wooden dowel.
- Using lots of hot glue, insert your wooden dowel into the bottom of the Styrofoam ball.
- Firmly press extra Styrofoam into pail or container, use hot glue to secure it in place.
- Insert other end of wooded dowel into Styrofoam in container and secure with hot glue.
- Cover foam with shredded paper or other filling.
Happy Topiary Making!