I warned you I was on a lemon kick.
I love lemon curd. It is so yummy. It is yummy on biscuts or toast. It is incredible, warmed, on gingerbread cake. It is just really yummy!
Now I don’t know if this is the absolute best recipe out there because it is the only one I’ve ever made, and this was my first time making it, but I thought it was pretty yummy. It was nice and tart and not overly sweet…yum! Just how I like it!
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 lb butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c lemon juice (I used the lemon juice from a bottle, but if you want to use fresh juice, this will probably be about 3-4 lemons.)
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest (I used dried zest. 1 T fresh zest = 1 T dried zest, and you get about 1 T zest from 1 lemon if you want to go the fresh route.)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix.
- Add the lemon juice and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and heat over low heat until thickened.
- Stir constantly.
- Lemon curd will thicken at about 170 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and cool in the refrigerator.
I participate in the link parties found here.
Modified from a 1999 Barefoot Contessa recipe.
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.