This post brought to you by NECTRESSE™Sweetener. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am always up for trying a new recipe and I am always consious about how much sugar I add to recipes. I love to feed my family healthy homemade foods and like to save the sugar for the occasional treats I enjoy making too!
So when NECTRESSE™Sweetener asked to partner with me to review their product I was throughouly intrigued!
I am not usually a person who likes using sweetener. In fact, I typically hate the taste and/or after taste of anything using artificial sweeteners or anything diet. But when I realized that Nectresse was actually a 100% natural sweetener, made from monk fruit extract with no calories, I was even more curious how this would taste!
I recieved my sample of the product and decided to try Nectresse out in an Appple Cinnamon Pancake recipe.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes yield: approx. 12 pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 Nectresse Natural No Calorie Sweetener packets
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped apple (I peeled mine first)
- BLEND all dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- WHISK together eggs, vanilla, milk and melted butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and gently mix. Some lumps are ok.
- Fold in apples
- SPRAY a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat
- POUR about 1/3 cup batter per pancake onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appead on top, then flip pancake and cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
When I opened up my first packet, I decided to take a small taste before I put it in the pancake batter. I will admit, I didn’t love the taste, but again, I am a sugar girl and don’t typically go for substitutes. But I decided to put the Nectresse into the pancake batter and give it a try.
And oh how I was surprised!!!
When the pacakes cooked up, they tasted great! There was no sugar-substitute taste, no yucky after taste, they were yummy, my kids loved them and Nectresse (instead of sugar) offered a healthier alternative to this breakfast!
I was seriously impressed! They tasted great and I couldn’t even tell that it wasn’t traditional sugar in the pancakes!
Head over here to get your FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener!!
And you can check out Lisa Ling (the spokeswoman for Nectresse) in her video here:
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.