- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 15 oz can of Red Gold Tomato Sauce
- 15 oz can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 16 oz can of Bush’s Best Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 3/4 Tbs Chili Powder
- 2 Dried Bay Leaves
- 2 1/2 Tbs Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (red) Pepper
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in a pan. Drain off fat.
- Add all other ingredients into pan and bring to a slow simmer.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and a side of corn bread. (or however you prefer to eat it)
Canned food is a great way to get farm fresh foods to your table without worrying about spoiling. And keeping a well stocked pantry is a great way to help ensure that you’ll be able to cook tasty meals from scratch more often.
Enjoy our yummy family favorite recipe!!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.