Once the weather starts to cool down we love to grab a cup of hot cocoa and enjoy a warm drink with family and friends! Recently I have loved getting creative and I have started to create new warm drink options besides hot cocoa. My new tradition is to create new warm drink every year that we love to drink at home and serve to guests throughout the holidays! So this year I came up with a perfect winter-weather holiday drink, one I know we will be sharing with our Thanksgiving guests this year: a Vanilla Steamer!
This drink was inspired by a tasty drink at a local coffee shop that I love and I think I just about perfected it!
To make a vanilla steamer head to your local Target and pick up the following items: (be sure to snag some really cute mugs as well while you are there!)
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 2 Tbs Archer Farms French Vanilla coffee syrup
- Whipped cream
- Warm up your milk over the stove, in a hot cocoa machine or in the microwave. The frothier you can get it the better so we used our hot cocoa machine to heat and froth our milk! Just be careful not to scald your milk.
- Place 1 Tbs vanilla syrup each into 2 mugs.
- Pour 1.5 cups of warmed milk into each mug and stir gently.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
This is so simple to make and super delicious! Just as warm and comforting as hot cocoa but much lighter in taste. Delicious!
Target is helping me make the holiday season my kind of holiday because I can shop for all of my entertaining warm drink ingredients right in their store while picking up a few cute extra mugs to serve them in as well! And these tasty Vanilla Steamers will be making an appearance at several holiday gatherings including Thanksgiving this year!
And if I have a moment to sit back and relax, I might make one just for myself to enjoy too!
Target also has a wealth of other amazing holiday entertaining products to make your holidays merry, bright and all yours this year! Check out a few of my favorite things: