Tuesday afternoon an email came from my daughter’s teacher telling me that Thursday was 100 Day (the 100th day the kids will have been in school) and if they want they can wear a shirt with 100 things on it. It wasn’t mandatory. But let’s face it, I didn’t want my daughter to be the only kid without 100 things on their shirt at school! So that gave me about one day to come up with and execute a plan for a 100 day shirt. Sigh.
So thanks to some great inspiration from my amazing Facebook fans (thank you thank you, you guys never fail me!), I was able to come up with a plan that was both cute, and simple but also inexpensive and would work as a Valentine’s Day shirt too! Wahoo! Killing two birds with one stone today! So I decided to do a Heart Specimen Art Shirt using Pink Flocked Heat Transfer Vinyl (aka t-shirt vinyl) from Expressions Vinyl!
Here are a few things to remember when using Flocked Heat Transfer Vinyl:
- The shiny side works first as your backing paper and second as your transfer paper.
- The shiny side goes down when you cut
- Flocked vinyl takes a little longer to iron then traditional heat transfer vinyl
- Vinyl must cool completely prior to removing the shiny top later of paper
- Remember to mirror your image if applicable
- Remember to select flocked heat transfer vinyl when you go to cut with your Silhouette or other vinyl cutting machine and adjust your blade setting as well
Go to OBJECT – REPLICATE – FILL PAGE.
So simple. It evenly spaces the objects and places as many as it can on the page. And yes, if you count them, there are 100 hearts on the page. 🙂
My daughter is a huge fan and she is even more excited that she can wear it for Valentine’s Day (and any other day she wants to too 🙂 Two birds + One stone = Happy Mama
If you are looking to purchase a Silhouette or Vinyl (including heat transfer vinyl) check out Expressions Vinyl for the best prices around!