So, I was really thrilled to find out that they have made Ubooly even bigger and better and more educational! And I was even more excited to be asked to try out their new app with educational lesson and share my experiences with you and to have the opportunity to Give. One. Away!!
The original Ubooly app told stories, jokes and would play music but the latest version has a whole new educational portion of the app that is really cool! You can purchase credits to their Ubooly Lab where you can select your child's interests and purchase lessons for them to complete!
These lessons are really fun! My daughter has been having a lot of fun with the Ocean lesson in particular!
Right off the bat there is a great little science experiment that talks about regular water vs salt water and how salt water can make things float.
My daughter was giggling and having the BEST time learning, doing the experiment and following along with the lesson plan!
And what is great for me as a mom is knowing that even though my daughter is playing a game, she is LEARNING too! Plus I can monitor what she is working on from the Ubooly Lab online.
My daughter also loves the fact that you can now customize how Ubooly looks. You can change his/her hair and he/she can wear accessories like glasses etc.
And another thing that I particularly like is that you don't "need" the little orange bear to play the game. This is perfect if we are out on some impromptu errands and the kiddos get antsy. But given a choice, they put the iPhone in the bear every time!
And if you happen to have two Ubooly's in the same room together, just bump their bellies together and they start talking to each other! These are funny little creatures!
You can download the app from iTunes HERE.
Besides the Educational Packs, the new Ubooly app also offers Interest Packs that are full of fun trivia to help your child get excited about a particular topic as well as Fitness and Helper Packs that help with personal growth and help create good personal habits.
So here is the short and sweet Pros and Cons list of the new Ubooly App:
- Ubooly is an Educational Toy!
- The new educational lessons are really fun, plus kids learn in a fun and interesting way!
- The lesson topics are fun and fitting for boys and girls.
- You can play it without the orange bear which is great in case you forget it when you are out and about!
- It will say your child's name which makes both of my children squeal with delight!
- You can customize Ubooly for each child's interests.
- Earn coins by completing activities on Ubooly. You can use the coins to customize Ubooly even more.
- App is free.
- Orange bear is a separate purchase, so allow for shipping time especially if this is a gift.
- Lessons cost about $1-$3, which isn't too bad, but it's good to know upfront. However, they are not quickly completed so you do get a lot for your money.
- The Ubooly bear pocket is a little small for the iPhone 5. It fits, barely.
Overall we really love our little Ubooly and have a lot of fun playing with him/her. My children have both enjoyed the new educational lesson portion of the app and they are both so thrilled that Ubooly knows their names!
Now it's time for a GIVEAWAY!
- The giveaway prize includes one Ubooly toy, the Ubooly iOS app, which updates every month with new activities, automatically over WiFi plus $30 of credit to use in their Ubooly Lab!
- Entrants must have an iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 or an iPod touch 4th and 5th gen. in order to use this app.
- Ubooly is recommended for children between ages 4-9.
- Entrants must be US citizen with a valid US mailing address and be 18 years of age or older.
- See more terms below *
*Winning entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way affiliated, administered or endorsed by Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. No information will be disclosed to Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter by entering this giveaway. No purchase necessary to win. Odds of winning are based on number of entrants. Winner for each prize package will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter. Winner will be announced on June 11th, 2013 in this blog post and the winner will need to respond within 48 hours of announcement / email to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen. Winner must be 18 years of age or older and a US citizen with a US mailing address in order to win. Winner is responsible for paying any necessary taxes on winnings. All prizes will be mailed / emailed / fulfilled by the sponsor and the blog owner(s) involved are not held responsible if the prize is not fulfilled. A list of winners may be requested after the giveaway has ended. Please email me with any questions or to obtain additional information at: email@example.com