I love Caramel Apples! I love them! But…I don’t love making them (only tried once and it was a complete and utter failure) and I honestly don’t love how difficult they are to eat! And messy. Seriously.
Several years ago, at an apple farm we went to every year when we lived in Cali, they finally got it right! They cut the apple up into slices and then covered the slices with caramel!
Delicious! Perfectly tasty. And very little mess! That’s my kind of Caramel Apple!
But I can never leave well enough alone, so I decided to add a few more tasty ingredients to create the Ultimate. Cheater. Caramel. Apples!
The Ultimate Cheater Caramel Apples
- Apples (any variety but I prefer Gala or Granny Smith)
- Mom’s Caramel Sauce (or other caramel sauce)
- Hot Fudge
- Nuts (optional) (I used pecans)
- Cut apples into slices
- Use Ball® Fruit-Fresh or similar to preserve fruit if you desire
- Drizzle Caramel Sauce and Hot Fudge on top of sliced apples
- Add chopped nuts to the top is desired