It's that time of year where I go crazy for all things fall and pumpkin! I love pumpkin.
About two years ago, while I was pregnant with my second baby, a really good friend brought over this yummy dessert: Pumpkin Love. And, being prego, I ate...almost all of it. It was delish.
She was a great friend and shared her wonderful recipe with me, and I have made it several times since. The other day I decided I needed to make it for my whole family to enjoy! I still ate a good portion of it, but luckily I had my mom and dad in town to help me this time.
The best part, is this recipe is that it's ridiculously simple and devilishly delicious!
- 1 large can (30 oz) Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix (or similar)
- ⅔ c evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Mix pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk and eggs until well incorporated.
- Pour in a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and cake mix using a fork (or your hands). There should be no cake "powder" left, it should all be combined into small balls of yummy-ness.
- Gently drop cake and butter mixture on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Bake at 350 until the top starts to brown.
- Let cool and enjoy. This is particularly yummy topped with whipped cream or with vanilla ice cream on the side.