When I saw a recipe for Pomegranate White Chocolate Chip Cookies I knew I HAD to make them!!
I love pomegranates! But besides putting them in a yummy salad, or eating the arils straight up, I had no idea what to ever do with them!! Until I saw these and knew I had to make them!
They are so darn yummy! The sweet white chocolate is a perfect contrast pomegranate arils flavor! Yum oh yum oh yum!
But poms can be a bit intimidating! Getting seeds out of pomegranates can be difficult and messy. (The juice from poms will stain so be careful when dealing with pomegranates.)
Until I learned this tip. Now I am not afraid of pomegranates at all since I found this simple, no mess way to get the arils out!
- To easily get the arils (seeds) out, you will cut your pom in half across the equator and then place half of pom in a large bowl filled with water.
- With the pom underwater, gently break the pom half into smaller pieces and carefully, using your thumb, encourage the pom seeds off of the pom. They should come off fairly easily and with NO MESS! Amazing huh??
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned are best but I only had quick oats and they still worked well)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Cream butter and both sugars together until smooth in a large stand mixer
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture
- Mix until just incorporated
- Stir in oats and white chocolate chips
- Make dough balls (I used a cookie scoop but if you don’t have one, make balls from about 1 Tbs of dough each)
- Carefully tuck about 6-8 pomegranate arils into the cookie dough ball
- Bake for 9-11 minutes just until cookie edges are golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cook 2-5 minutes on the cookie sheet
- Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling
(original recipe found here)