Remember a couple of months ago when I bought those hurricane vases from Ulta (I know…a beauty supply store…so weird right?) But they were only like $5 (originally $50!) and I had been wanting some, so I scored a GREAT deal and was very excited about it! (They are really nice quality too!) But I digress…
Ever since I found them, it has been one of my pet projects to find fun things to fill them with.
Recently I hosted a baby shower and wanted to fill them with something a little bit different. Here is what I came up with:
Cute huh? I am really loving the simple tissue paper Pom Poms!
Here’s how to make them:
1. Stack 8+ pieces of tissue paper together (for larger fuller poms you can use more paper)
2. Cut a square out of the tissue paper the same diameter that you want your pom to be.
3. Fold stacked tissue paper accordian style (1/2″ – 1.5″ wide depending on size of pom).
4. Secure in middle using wire.
5. Trim ends in a rounded shape, or for a spunkier variation, you can cut the ends in points.
6. Seperate the layers, one at a time, being very careful not to tear tissue. Arrange tissue layeres until the pom pom is formed.
7. Use as is or attached nylon thread or clear fishing wire to create hanging pom poms!
I just love how they turned out!!! Don’t you?
I participate in the link parties found here.