Around Christmas, a friend re-introductued me to heaven: Oreo balls.
I now want them, crave them, have-to-have them! It is a bad addiction but they are oh-so-yummy!
If you have never had these, you are really missing out. Really.
And, of course, they are so incredibly simple to make!!
You will need:
- 1 box of oreo cookies (get the real thing, fake oreos are just not the same)
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Sanding sugar / sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor, crush the entire package of oreos until they are finely ground.
- Using a mixer (I used my stand mixer) mix ground oreos and the block of cream cheese.
- Form into balls and let cool in the freezer or outside for about 20 minutes. (Hint: I used a 1 tsp measuring spoon so that they would be equal in size. A batch makes about 90 1 tsp size balls! It makes a ton, which means this is a great treat to make and give away. If you can stand letting any of them out of your sight…I could probably eat an entire batch myself…I haven’t, but I could. Just sayin’…)
- After they have cooled for a bit, put your white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or mug. I like to add a smidge of vegetable oil to help keep the consistancy nice and smooth and keep the chocolate from drying out, but it is optional. Microwave on 50% power for about 15-30 seconds at a time, stiring frequently. It is easy to overcook the chocolate to be careful!
- Using a fork, dip each oreo ball into the white chocolate and tap off excess chocolate. Place on foil or wax paper.
- If you like, you can sprinkle sanding sugar or sprinkles on the oreo balls before the chocolate sets.
- Let the chocolate set and Enjoy!!