This no-knead Parmesan Rosemary Bread is simply delicious! It only takes about 5 minutes of hands-on time to make and is such a fluffy artisan bread. I am totally obsessed with it. Keep reading for all the details.
No-Knead Parmesan Rosemary Bread
I am seriously obsessed with no-knead bread right now. It is super simple to make and has the best texture ever!
No-Knead Bread Recipes
- No-Knead Parmesan Rosemary Bread (keep reading for this one!)
- Whole Wheat No-Knead Bread Recipe
- No-Knead Artisan Bread Recipe
- Easy Parmesan Herb Artisan Bread
Why is no-knead bread the best bread to make
No-knead bread is the best to make because it is so forgiving, and is basically fool-proof even for a beginner baker. It does not require a fancy or expensive stand mixer. You don't need many ingredients. And it only takes about 5 minutes of hands-on time. No-knead bread is seriously the best bread to try making today!
Can I modify this artisan bread recipe?
Yes, you sure can. My No-Knead Artisan Bread Recipe is a basic and delicious recipe for no-knead bread that is a great place to start. My Whole Wheat No-Knead Bread Recipe is a modification of my first recipe using whole-wheat flour instead of white flour. It is still super light and fluffy and delicious. From there I added and changed herbs to create delicious combinations and flavors of bread like my Easy Parmesan Herb Artisan Bread and this recipe for my No-Knead Parmesan Rosemary Bread.
If you don't have the exact ingredients I mention in this recipe, you can modify it. Well, let me clarify. You need the basic ingredients or else this bread won't turn out. However, if you don't have the extra spices or cheese, you can modify it, change it, or leave something out.
Get creative with this bread recipe, it is so much fun!
How much bread does this rosemary bread recipe make?
This recipe makes one standard loaf of bread. It is a great recipe to make for easy, daily, bread. You can double it or triple it if you want to create more loaves of bread.
What ingredients are in parmesan rosemary bread?
- White Flour
- Instant Yeast
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
What tools do I need to make rosemary parmesan bread?
This parmesan rosemary bread is for a no-knead artisan-style bread so you need very few tools. Here is what I use:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Bread pan
- Brava or traditional oven
You will also want some spray oil. But I didn't know whether to put that under ingredients (since it's not really an ingredient) or tools (it doesn't seem to fit there either.) Anyway, you will want it.
Do you need a dutch oven to make this quick rosemary bread?
No, you do not. I am making this bread using a traditional bread loaf pan. And if turns out great every single time! But if you want a thinner bread, different shaped bread or slightly thicker crust, put it in a covered dutch oven instead.
Can I use fresh or dried herbs for this bread?
Yes, you can use either fresh or dried herbs for this bread. I love to use fresh but I rarely have any fresh on hand. It is super easy to keep dried herbs on hand, so I typically use them. If you choose to use fresh herbs, only use about ⅓ of the amount of dried herbs called for in this recipe.
Does no-knead bread really not need to be kneaded?
No, there is no kneading required for this kind of bread. Typically when you knead bread, it activates the gluten and creates long
How long does it take to make this bread?
It takes about 5 minutes of hands-on time. And about 12-18 hours of resting time, plus another 1.5 hours right before you bake it, and about 30 minutes in the oven. I love to mix my ingredients together at night before I go to bed. Then the next afternoon I can add the final ingredients, let it rise and then cook it so it has plenty of time to cool before dinner.
What oven do you use to cook parmesan rosemary bread?
I am absolutely loving cooking bread in my BRAVA oven! A traditional oven will work too of course, I have nothing against a traditional oven, except that it takes a long time to preheat and can heat your whole kitchen up, especially in the summer-time. Plus the Brava has some features that traditional ovens do not have including so many awesome pre-set cooking programs.
It cooks with the power of light and so there is minimal preheating time and I swear I get the most consistently baked goods ever. I really love how my Brava bakes. I have never baked anything in it that didn't turn out perfectly.
For this bread, I am able to get a nice outside that sounds hollow when I knock on it while maintaining a soft and fluffy inside. The cheese on top is crunchy but not burnt. And my bread's texture is spot on. I really do love baking in my Brava.
Alright...let's make this yummy 5-minute bread!
No-Knead Parmesan Rosemary Bread Recipe
- 3 cups White Flour, plus about 1-2 cups more
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons Yeast (I prefer Instant or Active, both will work)
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Rosemary, plus more
- ½ teaspoon Basil, plus more
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, plus more
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese, plus more
- The night before, combine 3 cups white flour, salt, yeast, and sugar in a bowl with a spatula.
- Add oil, water, rosemary, basil, oregano and, cheese. Use a spatula to mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit overnight, or about 12-18 hours.
- On your counter (I like to cover mine with plastic wrap for easy clean up), sprinkle flour and then dump the dough onto the counter. The dough will be very wet.
- Add more flour to the dough and gently stir it in with a spatula until the "wetness" is gone. It could take a cup of flour or even more, just make sure that the dough is no longer wet and sticky.
- Shape the dough and place it in a greased bread pan.
- Sprinkle additional rosemary, basil, oregano, and cheese on top. Be generous.
- Place this into your TURNED OFF OVEN for 1.5 hours. (do not turn the oven on)
- Remove dough from oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is slightly browned and it sounds "hollow" when you lightly knock on it.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
This bread is seriously so delicious! We love to eat it plain, with butter or dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
It is the perfect side dish for almost any meal but I especially love it paired with my Instant Pot Ziti recipe HERE.
Snag the printable recipe below:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.