Many of you know I am an Interior Designer! As such I love finding amazing furniture and accents for my home and the home’s of others! I love spending time to decorate my home and I love helping others create a haven for their family as well! In previous years it has been popular to match everything. But in today’s design world, mixing (not matching) is the look many work very hard to acquire!
Everyone has different taste and different style, but mastering a successful mix of color, style, texture, size and material can be a difficult thing to accomplish!
That is why I love my job as an interior designer, the challenge and success of it all! And today I want to share a few tips and tricks with you to help you as you decorate your home and Master the Mix in your space.
Here are a few tips on how to master the mix:
Play with Scale
Pair larger objects with smaller ones to bring new depth and dimension to a flat surface like a coffee table or bookshelf.
Pick a color scheme and go with it. Some combinations we love are pastels and metallics, high-contrast brights and neutrals, and classics like blue and white.
Get a Feel for Things
Variations in texture bring visual interest to a room. Outfit your space with ceramics, glassware, or antique books for plenty of tactile charm.
There are many other ways to Master the Mix if your home and One Kings Lane is a fabulous resource to help you find and acquire unique and fun home decor items!
- Sales on One Kings Lane launch at 8am PT/11 am ET and typically last 72 hours. Quantities are limited – shop early so you won’t miss out! Each day, you will find a mix of:
- Daily Sales – Top-brand and beautifully merchandised assortments from top home decor and lifestyle brands. Shop categories that range from furniture and lighting to rugs, art, accessories, tabletop, bed and bath, travel, kids, pets, stationery, gifts, and much more.
- Tastemaker Tag Sales – These popular events bring members one-of-a-kind furniture, accessories, antiques and more, personally hand-picked by today’s leading design visionaries from their own collections—at well below estimated value.
- Vintage and Market Finds – The industry’s first curated marketplace brings One Kings Lane members an even broader selection of unique collectibles and timeless pieces from the country’s top designers and antiques dealers. Vintage & Market Finds also allows members to shop by nine categories including: Art, Books, Decorative Accessories, Floor Coverings, Furniture, Lighting, Tabletop, Textiles and Wall Decor. New products are added daily and are sold on Vintage & Market Finds for five days, or until sold out.
- One Kings Lane is also free to join.
So as you work on decorating your home to create a safe haven and sanctuary for your family, remember to Mix, not match and that it is ok to play with scale, color, texture, materials and lighting to create a space uniquely yours!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.