My children love to eat ice cream! And if I am being perfectly honest, I love it too! One of my favorite types of ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip, but a close second is Cookies and Cream. So I decided to combine the two together and the kids and I made some really yummy Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream!
Before we could make our ice cream, I had to make a quick run to WalMart to grab a few items. While I was at the store, I also picked up a couple packages of Wet-Nap to help me with clean up! In many stores these are near the napkins, but at my store they were near baby shampoo etc. which was near the beauty aisle. Here is what you will need to make the ice cream: (don't mind the sweetened condensed milk in the photo below....I decided to tweak a few things as I went along and didn't end up using it!)
Homemade Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups 1% milk (or higher fat content)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 drops neon green food coloring (optional)
- 1 drop neon blue food coloring (optional)
- 10 Oreos (more or less depending on taste preference)
- Ice cream maker
- First you will mix your milk, cream, sugar, salt, extracts and food coloring together in a bowl with a spoon until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then place your mixed ingredients into an ice cream maker and get it started!
- While the ice cream maker is running, you can put the Oreos into a bag and crush them until desired consistency is achieved. (My kids had a blast doing this!)
- Let your ice cream maker run for about 30 minutes or as long as your directions tell you to!
- A few minutes before the ice cream is done stirring, add your crushed Oreos to blend in. Don't stick these in early as your ice cream will no longer be green, but it will turn brown. I may or may not know that from personal experience.
- Place into an airtight container and place into the freezer several hours or preferably overnight.
Enjoy your delicious ice cream in some really tasty waffle cones! After my kiddos were done pouring in all of the ingredients, we took a few Wet-Nap's and simple wiped off the counter! And of course when you give little girls ice cream cones, they may or may not drip. Again I pulled out a really handy Wet-Nap and cleaned her hands really well! I will confess I still by wipes even though my "baby" is 4 years old and hasn't been in diapers for a long time. So I LOVE how these Wet-Nap products come in pop-up containers, wipe containers and also in individually wrapped packages. They come in perfectly-sized wipes that are perfect for cleaning little hands, little faces and even little feet! These are perfect for on the go too. And I love that they moisturize more now then they used too! These are also soft and great for any tough job! After letting my ice cream cool for most of a day in the freezer, our whole family enjoyed this yummy Homemade Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream!
Be sure to head HERE before you make your ice cream to get your coupon for 55 cents off you next purchase of any Wet-Nap product (while supplies last)! Enjoy!