A good friend emailed me a cookie recipe to try the other day. She said they were amazing and I had to try them! And, since they were chocolate and had more chocolate in them, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make some of these!
I actually made these before Easter, however, never had the chance to post them. They were so yummy though, I made another batch yesterday!
So, if you are like me and have some left over Easter candy, this is a GREAT way to use it up!
Cadbury Mini-Egg Chocolate Cookies
- ½ c butter flavored Crisco
- ½ c Butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ t vanilla
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 2 ½ c flour
- 6 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 10 oz bag Cadbury Mini-Eggs
- You can sub chocolate chips, M&M's or other candy for the mini cadbury eggs, or just make yummy chocolate cookies with no candy at all, your choice! I bet they'd be delish with peanut butter chips! Yum!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crush your cadbury mini-eggs up (I put mine in a ziploc bag and hit them with a big metal spoon. A great way to work off some stress 🙂 Or put your kids to work doing this, they'll have a blast!)
- Cream together the Crisco, butter, brown and white sugar
- Add eggs
- Add vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa)
- Slowly mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture
- Add candies and mix
- Drop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
They were a bit crispy on the edges and warm and fudgey in the middle! My perfect cookie! Delish!!!
Thanks so much Heidi for passing along this GREAT recipe!!