With summer here and several fun get-togethers coming up (a 4th of July party included) I have been working on creating a few fun recipes and drinks perfect for celebrations that are fun and festive without being too much work. So today I am thrilled to show you how to make Kool-Aid Popcorn and Watermelon Blueberry Punch!
Both the Kool-Aid Popcorn and the Watermelon Blueberry Punch are incredibly simple to make! They can be prep’d ahead of time which makes it perfect for any party. And these are treats that the whole family will enjoy!
- Kool-Aid new 96 oz. bottle, Watermelon flavor
- (1) package of Blueberries
- About 24 hours or so in advance, lay the washed and dried blueberries out on a cookie tray and freeze.
- A few minutes before serving, pour the Watermelon Kool-Aid into a pretty container and add ice.
- Top with frozen blueberries and enjoy!
- Popcorn, 1/4 cup un-popped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/8 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Kool-Aid Powder Mix
- Popcorn popping machine
- Cookie sheet, lined with parchment or foil
- First you will want to pop your un-popped popcorn. Remove any un-popped kernels.
- Over medium-high heat, place sugar, butter and corn syrup in a heavy duty pan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add in 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Kool-Aid powdered mix of your choice to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Pour hot sugar mixture over popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread out candied popcorn on a lined cookie sheet and allow to set a bit.
If the popcorn isn’t as brightly colored as you like, you can always add a few drops of food coloring to your sugar mixture prior to pouring on the popcorn if desired.
For my patriotic-inspired popcorn I used Kool-Aid’s new flavors, Mixed Berry (blue) and Cherry Limeaid (redish pink) and then I left one batch of popcorn plain (white). But you can use any colors and flavors of Kool-Aid you like! This would be so fun for any party! It is a really fun snack for both adults and kids!