Over the course of the last couple of years, we have tried various methods to encourage our daughter to do her daily tasks and provide her with some sort of motivation.
We have made chore charts, we have tried rock jars…and they all work…sort of. But I wanted a better system. A way to teach my daughter how to be responsible, that she is an important part of this family and as such, needs to help by taking care of her things, and give her a way to do extra chores to earn a little “allowance.”
I never found a system that was good for such a young child but could also adapt as she got older. I never found a system I loved, and believe me, I looked!
And then I found Accountable Kids!
I was thrilled when Accountable Kids offered to send me a kit to review! I have had the opportunity to use this system with my daughter for about a month and absolutely love it!
I love that my daughter knows what is expected of her. I love seeing how excited she is to earn her “tickets” and use them for privileges. I love that I don’t need to nag her to complete her tasks anymore.
I love love love this system!
It has eliminated contention in our home over completing daily tasks. It has helped take the stress of telling my daughter what she needs to do from me, by making her responsible for it! This system has changed our house hold!
And not only do my husband and I love this system, but my daughter loves it to! Amazing!!
Here are a few of my favorite things about Accountable Kids:
- Easy to read chore cards with photos
- Can specify chores for morning, afternoon and evening
- Provides a way for children to earn short term rewards and long term rewards
- Suggests that the rewards are privileges such as watching a TV show, or having a play date as opposed to rewarding children with material goods or money for completing tasks that should be done as part of a family
- Provides a way for children to do extra chores to earn an allowance
- Provides a natural consequence if they don’t complete their daily tasks
- Eliminates the need to nag your children to do their chores
- Helps unite the family
- Helps teach children to become responsible
Yup! It is that amazing!! And I am so glad I discovered this wonderful system! I now have an accountable daughter!
And guess what? Accountable Kids is offering my readers a 10% off discount! Simply use the coupon code: simplydesigning
Accountable Kids also offers a friends and family discount of 30% off for large group orders. You can find out more about that here.
And if you are looking for a bigger discount, you can check out their blogger discount here where you can earn up to 50% off additional purchases.
If you are looking for a way to teach your children to be responsible, I recommend that you check out Accountable Kids!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.