- Tile: Summit Random 30cm ST – 180 657816
- Grout: Desert Sand, Sanded
- Flexible Grout Admixture
- Poultice Stain Remover
- Proflex Thinset (aka mortar)
- Travertine Sealer
- Notched Trowel
- Grout Float Tool
- Mortar Mixing Paddle (for use with a power drill)
- Large Sponge
- Sealer Sponge
- 1/8″ Spacers
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- 3+ Buckets (one for mortar, grout and water)
- Touch-Up Paint and Foam Brush
- Bristle cleaning brush
- Items to re-install toilet
To figure out the correct tile amount, you will take the square footage of your room (length times width) and add 10%. Then round up to the next full box size and order that many boxes.
You need to account for a bit of breakage as well as cuts, and mistakes and this formula does just that.
- The tiles should be centered left to right
- Where do you want your cut lines to be? Do you want a full row of tile right by your door, or against another wall? Or would you prefer to split it in the middle?
- Take into consideration the size of your tile and any pattern you may have.
- Lay it out first to be sure you like it prior to final installation
Be sure to follow all manufacture instructions and let your sealer dry completely prior to use.
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.