Granola has always been one of my favorite cereals! It is delicious in the morning with milk and it is delicious on top of yogurt. My kids love granola too! But store-bought granola, especially the good stuff, can get really expensive. I never thought to make it myself until a good friend brought me over some as a gift! And then I became hooked! Ever since, I have made my own granola. It is simple to make and very cost effective plus it is oh-so-delicious!
Granola also makes unique and tasty gifts and you can customize this recipe to suite your own tastes if coconut doesn’t peak your interest.
- 10 cups quick oats (store brand is ok)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix oats, salt, brown sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, water and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures. (with your hands works best) You can press granola together in you want larger chunks.
- Spread onto two cookies sheets.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1.5-2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.