This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
I didn’t always like Guacamole. Crazy, I know!?
But over the last year or two of my life I have grown to really like it! Especially guacamole with lots of tomatoes in it! Yum yum yum!
But I never realized how healthy guacamole was until I made it for the first time this week! Like most dips, I assumed it wasn’t very good for you. But with all the fresh ingredients and veggies, plus with how healthy avocados are, this stuff is amazing!
So when I heard that Avocados from Mexico was having a Guac-Off Recipe Contest (and the winner could win an iPad 2) I knew I wanted to enter to win! And you can too…
If you want to enter the Avocados from Mexico Guac Off Recipe Contest, you will need to go to Avocados from Mexico on Facebook page between January 5th and January 15th and submit your favorite Guacamole Recipe using Avocados from Mexico.
- Three winners will receive an iPad 2 plus an autographed cookbook by Chef Roberto Santibanez.
- Seven runners up will receive $200 on a grocery gift card plus an autographed cookbook by Chef Roberto Santibanez.
- Ten winners will also be chosen to win $100 on a grocery gift card!
(Contest date are 1/2/2012-1/20/2012)
That’s a ton of fabulous prizes! I would be happy to win any of them!!
So I grabbed two avocados from Mexico and started making my first batch of guacamole ever! And it turned out great!
Here’s my recipe:
- 2 avocados
- ½ jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced
- ¼ t crushed or minced garlic
- 1 Tbs sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 Tbs cilantro, chopped finely
- 1-2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3/8 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- In a bowl, mash the avocado flesh with a fork until it reaches the consistency that you prefer.
- Gently stir in all other ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and push the plastic wrap down into the small bowl so that the wrap touches the surface of the guacamole.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Season with additional salt if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This would make great party food for a game day, a girls night out or even for the Super Bowl!
This is my entry:
Remember to go here to enter to win!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.