Are you looking for a fun and festive craft that will help beautiful your home for this holiday season AND that your kids can help with? Making these cute glitter balls is an easy and fun activity that everyone can enjoy!
And when I say these are easy. I promise I really do mean it!
You will need:
- styrofoam balls
- spray adhesive or elmer’s glue
- I will be honest. It was cold and snowy when I made these, so I didn’t want to go outside. So I stuck my styrofoam ball on a piece of wire metal (or metal from a coat hanger would work), stuck it out my back sliding glass door, and covered it with spray adhesive. OR. You can also use elmers glue to coat the styrofoam ball in. Either one will work just fine!
- After the glue is on, sprinkle on the sparkly glitter!
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have covered the entire ball with glitter to your taste. I needed two coats of glitter to get a nice good coat on mine!
- If you like, you can give these a clear coat spray of polyurethane. Although I don’t know how well polyurethane will really do in keeping all of the glitter on there, I like to think it helps! 🙂
I chose to display mine in a truffle bowl, but a vase or any clear bowl would work too! They make a GREAT holiday decoration and your kids will have fun too!
I participate in the link parties found here.