My daughter is in this lovely stage where every time she sees something she likes, she tells me she “needs” it. As you can imagine we have a lot of discussions about “needs” versus “wants” in our house…anyway…
While we were in Target the other day, she saw hand soap that was in a decorative Christmas bottle and she told me that we “needed” it.
When this occurred, two things came to my mind.
- If I bought said soap, at $4.99 a bottle times 4 sinks that would be $20.00 in soap! OUCH!
- I don’t know how long your soap lasts you, but I can guarantee we would be ringing in the New Year and possibly celebrating Valentine’s day before we ran out of the huge bottle of hand soap. And I just don’t want Christmas soap out at V-day! (And I wouldn’t be able to just throw it away…)
Thankfully I had seen this awesome idea here and decided I could modify it to suit my needs.
So I went to work using Go Gone to rid my hand soap of it’s labels.
Next I threw on some very festive stickers (you can even let your kids do this part!).
Added some ribbon and VOILA! Instant festive soap for almost nothing!!
And you want to know what the best part is?! When Christmas is over, I can take these stickers off and then I can let my daughter decorate the same soap bottle for the next holiday! Which means that for the low price of a sheet of stickers, she can have festive soap for all the holidays and I don’t have to go broke doing it!
This would also make a GREAT neighbor or friend gift idea.
Now ON TO THE GIVEAWAY!!!!
There is this great Etsy shop called Skeins of Love! She makes the cutest ear warmers, coffee cozies and scarves! And they are sooooo soft!
I love these coffee cup cozies! Wouldn’t it be a GREAT teacher or neighbor gift to give them a mug with a cozie and you can tuck a Starbuck’s gift card in the mug too!! That’s what my daughter’s teacher’s are getting for Christmas this year. (Oops! I hope they aren’t reading this! Well, Merry Christmas Ms. Jessica and Ms. Cheryl!)
Please leave (1) comment for every entry earned.
To earn entries:
- Follow Simply Designing, or leave a comment saying you already follow me!
- Like / Follow Simply Designing on Facebook
- Visit Skeins of Love Etsy Shop and come back to leave a comment telling me what your favorite thing is
- Blog about this giveaway using a link back to this site and come back here leaving a comment with the direct url link of where you blogged about it
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook using a link back to this site and came back here letting me know you posted about it on Facebook
*Remember to leave (1) comment for each entry you earn!*
You can earn a total of 5 entries! Wow!!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.