This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #BTSMealsolutions #CollectiveBias
Today I am excited to share an easy and super delicious recipe for a Crispy Chicken Wrap with you! This recipe comes together in minutes and is yummy for lunch-time, an after-school snack, or even an easy weeknight dinner. Be sure to read all the way to the end to get the full details and printable recipe for this chicken wrap.
Crispy Chicken Wrap
I am not very good at eating lunch regularly. And honestly, with my kids going back to school soon, it will only get worse! And my sweet kids. I also don’t always have the most creative ideas for their school lunches either. But this year I am working to come up with ideas to keep my kids fed with fun and creative ideas that are delicious, while also not taking too long to prepare or breaking the bank. And today’s idea absolutely wins in ALL of these categories! This chicken wrap recipe only takes a few minutes to put together and is really so yummy! I plan to make it for myself and my little one at home often. And I will make it in the mornings and put it in my kid’s lunchbox with an ice pack for them to enjoy for lunch too! I could also put it warm into a thermos if they prefer to eat the chicken wrap warm instead. Are you ready to up your lunch-game with this simple recipe? Hover over this photo to start shopping to make your own chicken wraps!
How to make a crispy chicken wrap?
The best thing about making a crispy chicken wrap is how easy it is to make and how easy it is to modify it to your preference. I love using a flour tortilla and putting the following ingredients in it: lettuce, cooked, sliced crispy chicken, avocado slices, tomatoes, cheese and honey mustard dipping sauce/dressing. You can change the vegetables to your preference of course. And if you don’t like honey mustard sauce, or you want to try something new, this would also be amazing with blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, caesar dressing or a creamy avocado dressing. The possibilities are endless!
Can you microwave a chicken wrap?
Definitely! If you have taken your wrap to work, or your kids took it to school, and you/they decide to eat it warm instead of cold, simply put it in the microwave until it is heated up and enjoy! (Remember to pre-cook your chicken when assembling your wrap, so all you are doing is heating it back up for consumption at lunch.) I would leave the dipping sauce off of the wrap if you plan to do this, and put it on after it is re-heated.
Can you eat wraps cold?
Yes, you sure can eat a wrap cold! Just be sure to cook your chicken properly ahead of time, assemble your wrap, then put it into the fridge until ready to eat!
Chicken Wrap Recipe
To make a chicken wrap, you will want to begin by gathering all your ingredients. One of the best parts of this recipe is most of these ingredients I already keep on hand or are easy to keep on hand! Yay! I snagged Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and a few other yummy products from Target and brought them all home to start making our yummy wraps immediately! I love how convenient and tasty Tyson, Jimmy Dean, Hillshire Farms and State Fair products are and they make my life as a mom so much easier, especially when it’s back to school time and time is short and I have lots of hungry kids to feed quickly!
Here are the products I picked up:
- Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips: These are perfect for this crispy chicken wrap recipe and we like them because they are made from white meat chicken, the chickens haven’t been given antibiotics and the ingredients are all natural.
- Tyson® Fun Nuggets: Hello easy and delicious lunch for my toddler and they are made with all natural ingredients, use chicken that has never had antibiotics, and are covered in whole grain breading.
- Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Croissant: My kids LOVE making these for breakfast in the mornings before school because they are so tasty and packed with protein too! I love that they are quick and keepy my kid’s belly’s full all morning long.
I also love these products for simple back-to-school food ideas too even though they weren’t available at my local Target:
- Hillshire Farm® Ultra Thin Oven Roasted Turkey Breast: We all love turkey sandwiches for lunch and this turkey contains no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavors and no nitrates are added.
- State Fair® Beef Corn Dogs: My kids go crazy when I serve these as an after-school snack! These are minimally processed and are a good source of protein.
These are the places that I found these products at my local Target (all in the frozen aisle):
Ready for the full chicken wrap recipe? Ok, let’s go!
Crispy Chicken Wrap Recipe
- (1) Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strip, heated according to package directions
- Flour Tortilla
- Baby Spring Mix Salad (or lettuce of your preference)
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Avocado, sliced
- Tomato, diced
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Directions: You will always want to begin by preparing your chicken strip according to package directions. You can cook this in your oven, microwave or air fryer.
Once it is cooked and cooled slightly, slice your chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Place your tortilla on a plate, then top with lettuce, chicken, cheese, avocado, tomato and honey mustard dipping sauce.
If you prefer, you can leave the dipping sauce off and dip your wrap into it while you eat it instead. Enjoy!
You can snag the printable recipe below:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1075 Total Fat: 65g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 43g Cholesterol: 154mg Sodium: 1157mg Carbohydrates: 68g Fiber: 21g Sugar: 12g Protein: 60g
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.