Apples fill my fruit basket most of the year. My son loves them and my daughter enjoys them if they are cut so she isn’t forced to eat the skins. Yes, you heard me right, I don’t cut the skin off apples for my children. But, if my daughter wants to eat around the skin, I’m fine with that, so that is our compromise, I cut them into slices and she eats around the skin. But I digress…anyway…
I always love finding new ways to serve apples around my home and I found a solution that both my kids love!
These are so easy to make (who knew?!) and really tasty. And you don’t need a big fancy dehydrator to make them, just your oven!
- Cinnamon Sugar (I love the Cinnamon Sugar Grinder from Trader Joe’s!)
- Mandolin (not required but it will help you have evenly cut slices) or knife
- Peeler (optional, you can leave the skins on for these if you like)
- Small cookie cutter (or just use your knife, or a corer to remove the center seeds from the apples)
- Peel your apples
- Slice your apples into equally thin slices
- Remove the core / seeds
- Place on cookie sheet
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar
- Bake at 275 degrees F for about 2 hours. Flip apples over after 1 hour and check periodically so they don’t get too crispy 🙂
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.