I made these yummy chocolate waffle bowls for an ice cream sundae baby shower I threw.
They are the right amount of chocolate, slightly chewy and soooo yummy with ice cream in them!
Chocolate Waffle Cones
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
2 Tablespoons butter
2 whole eggs
¼ teaspoons salt
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
I don't have a waffle cone maker so I just spread a thin amount of batter in a pan, cooked it on both sides and immediatly put it inside a small bowl until it cools.
- Preheat a pan with a flat bottom on a medium-low temperature
- Place the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Stir to combine then set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and salt in a small bowl with a fork until well blended. Beat in the sugar and beat until sugar is incorporated and the eggs have lightened in color slightly, approximately 1 minute. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter. Add the flour and cocoa powder, stirring slowly until all flour is moistened. Beat another few seconds to incorporate the flour and remove all lumps. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter in the center of the pan. Working very quickly, spread until thin. Cook on both side.
Immediatly place it in a small bowl to form its shape. Leave in the bowl until it cools completely.
- Serve with ice cream and Enjoy!
This recipe originally came from here.
I participate in the link parties found here.