- In a small covered pan, simmer chicken broth and onion for about 15-20 minutes until onions are soft.
- Lightly steam broccoli and carrots.
- In separate large pot, melt butter and then add flour, salt and pepper. Cook together, stirring constantly, for about 1-2 minutes.
- Heat milk in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add heated milk into large pot and mix with the flour mixture until well combined. Whisk and heat over medium heat until soup starts to thicken (about 6-8 minutes.)
- Add chicken broth mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Add cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add steamed vegetables and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
I participate in the link parties found here.
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.