Spring is just around the corner and as such, it is a great time to lighten up our home decor a bit! Decorative birdcages have been popular for several years and they will continue through popularity this year as well! I don’t personally have a birdcage, but I have been eyeing them for a while and now they come in such fun and pretty colors to go with practically any decor! And the vintage-charm that so many of these birdcages have this year are really calling to me. I may just have to spring for one this year!
If you are like me and contemplating adding a birdcage to you decor, or if you already have one, here are a few simple ways to decorate with birdcages courtesy of Cost Plus World Market!
1. Hang time: Create a charmingly romantic and unique look for intimate backyard weddings and other special events by hanging several assorted antique birdcages among the trees.
2. Flower feature: A vase of your favorite blooms can be elegantly showcased inside a birdcage. Perch the entire display on the fireplace mantel or a side table for a charming effect. Or, try stowing houseplants or a collection of small terrariums inside for a verdant mini oasis.
3. Jewelry collector: With oodles of crisscrossing wire, a birdcage offers a sensational frame for hanging earrings, necklaces and bracelets. Use the inside for storing scarves, or for keeping a ring dish or two.
4. Center of attention: Birdcages make for beautiful tabletop centerpieces, particularly in outdoor garden or patio settings. Fill them with wild flowers for a delightfully fresh look for birthday parties or showers.
5. Latest flame: Here’s a spectacular new way to feature candles! Group pillars of varying heights inside a birdcage for a dazzling display of mood lighting you’ll love wherever you place it.
6. Keepsake keeper: Showcase a collection of smaller keepsakes, knickknacks or holiday décor inside. CPWM birdcages are especially perfect for antique collectibles!
7. Warm greetings: For a holiday soiree, wedding, birthday, anniversary party or any occasion where greeting cards are expected, a birdcage can serve as a fine depository.
8. Light up the night: Wrap clear electric string lights throughout the wires of the cage to create a one-of-a-kind sparkling lightshow for indoor or outdoor entertaining ambiance.
Enjoy spring decorating!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.