Enjoy spring decorating!
Spring is just around the corner and as such, it is a great time to lighten up our home decor a bit! Decorative birdcages have been popular for several years and they will continue through popularity this year as well! I don’t personally have a birdcage, but I have been eyeing them for a while and now they come in such fun and pretty colors to go with practically any decor! And the vintage-charm that so many of these birdcages have this year are really calling to me. I may just have to spring for one this year!
If you are like me and contemplating adding a birdcage to you decor, or if you already have one, here are a few simple ways to decorate with birdcages courtesy of Cost Plus World Market!
1. Hang time: Create a charmingly romantic and unique look for intimate backyard weddings and other special events by hanging several assorted antique birdcages among the trees.
2. Flower feature: A vase of your favorite blooms can be elegantly showcased inside a birdcage. Perch the entire display on the fireplace mantel or a side table for a charming effect. Or, try stowing houseplants or a collection of small terrariums inside for a verdant mini oasis.
3. Jewelry collector: With oodles of crisscrossing wire, a birdcage offers a sensational frame for hanging earrings, necklaces and bracelets. Use the inside for storing scarves, or for keeping a ring dish or two.
4. Center of attention: Birdcages make for beautiful tabletop centerpieces, particularly in outdoor garden or patio settings. Fill them with wild flowers for a delightfully fresh look for birthday parties or showers.
5. Latest flame: Here’s a spectacular new way to feature candles! Group pillars of varying heights inside a birdcage for a dazzling display of mood lighting you’ll love wherever you place it.
6. Keepsake keeper: Showcase a collection of smaller keepsakes, knickknacks or holiday décor inside. CPWM birdcages are especially perfect for antique collectibles!
7. Warm greetings: For a holiday soiree, wedding, birthday, anniversary party or any occasion where greeting cards are expected, a birdcage can serve as a fine depository.
8. Light up the night: Wrap clear electric string lights throughout the wires of the cage to create a one-of-a-kind sparkling lightshow for indoor or outdoor entertaining ambiance.