Do you remember when I mentioned that I was banned from making banana bread in my house?
Well, I ended up with these the other day:
And I really hate to throw bananas away. (Which doesn’t makes sense since they are so cheap…but it is an odd guilt complex I have.)
Anyway, I decided to try to make something with them but decided to try a new banana bread recipe, which I ended up still modifying, and making muffins instead of bread.
They turned out GREAT!! HURRAY!
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 1/2 c mashed bananas (approximately 3 bananas)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas and mix with brown sugar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add eggs, granulated sugar and oil in with the banana mixture and mix.
- Combine banana and flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
(Please remember to give credit where credit is due. This is my original recipe. I welcome you to use it for your own baking purposes with reckless abandon! But if you post it on your blog or elsewhere, please link back and give credit to www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com Thank you.)
I participate in the link parties found here.
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.