I have had a lot of fun baking yummy apple treats last week for a recent Fox59 Segment! And this is one more yummy apple treat I'm excited to share with you: Baked Apples with Coconut Oatmeal Streusel!
I love how baking apples almost caramelizes the juices and it makes it into a warm tasty treat! Yummy!
These Baked Apples came from the idea of combining a plain baked apple, with my recipe for Homemade Coconut Granola and are super tasty and super simple!
Baked Apples with Coconut Oatmeal Streusel
Yields 4 servings
- 2 medium sized apples, any variety
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ⅛ cup canola oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash vanilla
- Cut apples in half and core. (I used a metal tablespoon to take the core out, but if you have an actual corer, I would core the apple first and then cut in half.)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except apples and mix with hands pressing together.
- Using the same tablespoon, place a rounded tablespoon of oatmeal streusel into the center of each apple.
- Place apples into a greased 8"x8" pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 35 minutes until apples are soft when a fork is inserted into them.