A couple weeks ago I spent a whole week on my blog talking about Spring Cleaning tips, tricks and even offered a free really cute Spring Cleaning Checklist Printable! But if you are anything like me…your spring cleaning isn’t quite done yet. I’ve been slowly making my way through my home, giving my home a really good deep clean.
I love the feeling of an amazingly clean home, but sometimes it can really be overwhelming! So I wanted to share a few additional tips that make cleaning easier and less overwhelming for me and my family.
1. Break it up. Some like to clean one room at a time, others like to break it up by chore (ie dust the entire house etc). Either way, if you only have to do one room per day or one chore per day it doesn’t seem as overwhelming.
2. Double-Duty Products. You don’t need a new cleaning product for every surface of your home. Many cleaning products work on multiple surfaces. For example Windex is great for cleaning windows, mirrors, sinks, counters and the outside of toilets (plus much more!). Pledge is not only good for wood but it also cleans stainless steel without leaving any streaks! Finding cleaning products that do double-duty saves space and money.
3. Readily Accessible. Make sure you have cleaning products easily accessible. I have a two story home, so instead of lugging my cleaning supplies up and down, I have one set upstairs and one set downstairs so I never have to go too far to find spray and rags.
4. Enlist Help. Children can be great helpers. I let my children help me clean at a very young age which not only teaches them responsibility but also eases my burden a bit. Finding ways that children can help can save you time, make cleaning more fun, and you also have the opportunity to spend time with your children.
5. Use a Checklist. If you don’t already have a spring cleaning checklist, check out this one on my blog here. It is fabulous and will help ensure that nothing goes undone!
One of the ways I have found to help streamline my spring cleaning this year is a brand new product from SC Johnson called The Smart Twist™ Cleaning System.
This little cleaning gadget helps accomplish many of my tips above and also saves me time, money and space! (Three things I love to save!)
The Smart Twist™ Cleaning System from SC Johnson lets you have 3 cleaners in one hand! You just twist to get the right product, spray and wipe it down and within minutes you can have a room cleaned! This makes cleaning a bathroom so simple and quick and without the need to lug 3+ different cleaners into the bathroom!
This cleaning system uses concentrated cleaning formulas and mixed with water (that you put into the system), this provides a lot of great cleaning power in one lightweight tool. These bottles also use 63% less plastic than traditional spray bottles and are recyclable in most places.
Right now these great tools are available only online from SmartTwist.com for $24.99. This kit comes with 1 sprayer and 3 cleaner cartridges.
The SC Johnson Smart Twist™ Cleaning System offers the company’s most trusted brands in one, easy-to-use and space-saving system: Windex® Glass Cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner, fantastik® Kitchen Cleaner, Pledge® Furniture and Specialty Surfaces Cleaner, and Shout® Carpet Cleaner. Replacement cartridges can be bought for $7.99 for a two-pack.
I love that the Smart Twist™ Cleaning System is simple to use, easy to carry and that I can keep all my cleaning supply needs in one hand! This saves me time and money by allowing me to use multiple double-duty products that I already love. It also saves me space because I can throw away several of my bulky cleaners and replace it with just one streamline tool. It also helps me keep my cleaning products readily available! No lugging a bin of cleaning products from room to room anymore!
The Smart Twist™ Cleaning System is definitely on my list of ways to make Spring Cleaning (and every day cleaning) much more manageable!
Please visit SC Johnson Smart Twist™ Cleaning System’s webpage HERE to learn more and to purchase your own system!
What tips and tricks do you use to help keep on top of cleaning?