I was really excited when Fox59 asked me to do a segment on Pumpkin Carving and Decorating this Halloween season! It was definitely a bit of a challenge to come up with a few fun and unique ideas for the segment that were different then my pumpkin carving segment last year. But I was up for the challenge and I absolutely LOVE how they turned out and I am super excited to share them with you today too!
And I also want to throw a big huge THANK YOU out to Stuckey Farms, a local farm here in Indiana that provided the pumpkins as well as the super cool Fox59 pumpkin for this segment!
Pumpking Carving Tips
Cut the pumpkin from the bottom
- No trying to match the top of the pumpkin in the exact right spot
- No more reaching in a pumpkin to try to light the candle! Place the pumpkin over the lit candle instead
- Prevents the top of the pumpkin from sagging in
- You can also cut the hole strategically out of the bottom to help a crooked pumpkin sit more upright
Scoop out all of the pumpkin guts using a metal spoon or ice cream scoop
If you pumpkin has really thick skin, use your metal spoon or ice cream scoop to shave the pumpkin sides thinner.
- Be careful not to get the side too thin though or your pumpkin will start to sink in sooner
Click the photos below for a full tutorial on how to make each pumpkin.
Spotted Lacy Pumpkin with a Drill
Glitter Polka Dotted Pumpkin
If you live in Indiana and are looking for a great pumpkin patch, our family has enjoyed going to Stuckey Farms. On the weekends they have wagon rides out to their pumpkin patch and they always have a great selection of pumpkins! Our family always loves the time we spend there. And PS, the owner is such a nice guy and his talented son carved the Fox59 pumpkin for us which I just thought was amazing! Thank you so much!