These are definitely on my to-do list this year! I hope I get a chance to make them because they look SO cute! And wouldn’t these look even cuter delivered in a bag using one of the cute bag downloadable toppers I posted earlier this week!
And what to drink with Valentine’s Day cookies you ask? Pink milk of course!
Here is the recipe. Happy Baking!
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• Hard candy for cookie center (for example Jolly Ranchers)
1. To make the dough:
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer
- Beat in the egg
- Add the vanilla extract and salt and blend well
- With a wooden spoon, stir the flour into the creamed ingredients
- Divide the dough in half. Flatten each portion into a disk-like shape. Seal in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight
2. To create the cookies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Spray with foil with cooking spray
- Please the dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper that have been lightly dusted with flour
- Roll the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness
- Cut out the cookies with a large cookie cutter
- Use a spatula to transfer the shapes to the baking sheet
- Remove the centers of the cookies with a smaller cookie cutter. (I would still bake the centers so you can have extra cookies to eat share!)
- Place the hard candy in the center of each heart
- Bake at 375 until the cookies start to brown lightly around the edges and the candy is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely
Makes about 30
Original recipe and photograph found here.
Remember, if you have Valentine’s Day Ideas that you would like to share, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.