Rice Crispy Treats. Yum! Can you really ever go wrong making Rice Crispy Treats?
So I found this new rice crispy treat recipe that I had never seen before so I wanted to try it out. I know, you are thinking, a new recipe? No such thing! Well this recipe has an extra ingredient added in that makes normal rice crispy treats a little extra special, and even harder to resist eating the whole pan!
And of course, I couldn’t resist making them festive! So I added in green food coloring and cut them into shamrock shapes using a shamrock cookie cutter. Didn’t they turn out so cute?
Rice Crispy Treats
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 10-11 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I know! Vanilla! I have never put vanilla in my rice crispy treats but oh! They are oh so yummy with the vanilla added!)
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- Spray 9″x13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pan over low heat. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and any food coloring you want to use.
- Add rice cereal. Mix well.
- Press into pan evenly.
- Let cool.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut into cute shamrock shapes (optional but don’t they look so cute!)
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.