My family LOVES pizza. And by “loves” I mean they (not me) have an unhealthy obsession with it. When we are on vacation I literally have to say no to having pizza every single day…ok…I exaggerate a bit. But the last trip we went on we had Flatbread Pizzas one day and Pizza the next. On day three I declared it a pizza-free day. True story. Anyway…I have sufficiently recovered from my pizza-filled trip and am happy to say that I’ve come up with another really FUN and dare I say it, healthier way to eat pizza…on a kabob stick! These are simple and tasty and so easy your kids can make them! Come check out my Pizza Kabobs.
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (aka string cheese)
- Sandwich Slims (wheat)
- Pizza Sauce (for dipping)
- Kabob sticks
- Fold two pepperoni slices at a time and place on kabob stick.
- Next cut each pieces of string cheese into about 6 slices and place one piece onto the stick.
- Then finish your pattern with a cut bite-sized piece of a sandwich slim.
- Repeat until kabob is full.
- Eat with pizza dipping sauce if you like.
These were a hit with my kids and my husband! And since I used whole wheat sandwich slims (sh! don’t tell) they were slightly more healthy them most pizza is. Probably only slightly though.
Check out these other yummy recipes:
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.