A good friend emailed me a cookie recipe to try the other day. She said they were amazing and I had to try them! And, since they were chocolate and had more chocolate in them, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make some of these!
I actually made these before Easter, however, never had the chance to post them. They were so yummy though, I made another batch yesterday!
So, if you are like me and have some left over Easter candy, this is a GREAT way to use it up!
Cadbury Mini-Egg Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 c butter flavored Crisco
- 1/2 c Butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 6 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 10 oz bag Cadbury Mini-Eggs
- You can sub chocolate chips, M&M’s or other candy for the mini cadbury eggs, or just make yummy chocolate cookies with no candy at all, your choice! I bet they’d be delish with peanut butter chips! Yum!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crush your cadbury mini-eggs up (I put mine in a ziploc bag and hit them with a big metal spoon. A great way to work off some stress 🙂 Or put your kids to work doing this, they’ll have a blast!)
- Cream together the Crisco, butter, brown and white sugar
- Add eggs
- Add vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa)
- Slowly mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture
- Add candies and mix
- Drop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
They were a bit crispy on the edges and warm and fudgey in the middle! My perfect cookie! Delish!!!
Thanks so much Heidi for passing along this GREAT recipe!!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.